Sunday, August 2, 2009

Monday Fishing

Sunday was our last day in Blackfoot. We had a great dinner at the parents place and lounged around. Ashley and I were going to Island Park the next day to stay with Shane and Heidi at his family's cabin. I mentioned to Derek, kind of jokingly, that I would like to do one more float before I left. Derek had to work the next day, so I didn't think that he would be able to. Around 8 the next morning, I got a text saying that his boss let him take the day off. I am sure that the Polatises wouldn't mind if we were a little late. We just floated between Rose and Blackfoot, but we caught a bunch of fish. We landed 7 nice browns and one rainbow. Derek was on fire. He landed a couple nice browns and hooked a couple others before we even went over the Danskin diversion. I did get the biggin of the trip around the freeway bridge. We were a bit worried about getting the drift boat over the diversion with just two of us, but it worked out ok. We actually dragged it over where there was a pretty good amount of water still flowing. It was hot and we didn't mind getting wet anyways.

We were planning on floating to the Thomas channel landing, but we had to call the girls to come pick us up at the Blackfoot landing instead. Little Draker had a doctors appointment to get the ole snip snip done, and Derek would be in trouble if he didn't make it back in time. Briannia actually came to the landing and took Derek up to get the trailer. Jax and Kan stayed with me at the boat. Jaxon got some practice casting, and Kannon practiced oaring on my lap. I wish they were a bit bigger to come on a float with us. It was a good time.





No comments: