Monday, August 17, 2009

Huckleberry Pick'n


Saturday was rainy, buy we decided to take our chances with the Jacobs and go hunting for huckleberries. We drove up Gold Creek which is a little ways up the Blackfoot river. The rain was just pouring when we were driving up the hill, but when we arrived it actually stopped. We had to hike up the hill a ways to find bushes that weren't picked, but we managed to fill our little tupperware (about 3 cups). I must admit that many of the berries that I picked made it to my mouth instead of the container. Both of the babies did pretty good.

Olivia and Clark all bundled up

I carried Liv in my backpack for awhile. She waited for this opportunity to poop; she likes to spring this trick on Daddy.

I smashed a couple berries on my finger and let squeaker try her first huckleberry. They are quite tart, and she gave me a good sour face.

No comments: