Sunday, August 2, 2009

Jax & Kan, Let's Go Fishing

We spent Thursday July, 23rd with Briannia and her boys. We loaded up Grandpa's Chevy and went for the day to Wolverine canyon. The boys have gone out with Grandpa a couple times trying to catch a fish but with no luck. They would sometimes ask if I remembered the time that they went fishing and didn't catch one. I had to laugh. We were determined to change their luck. Ashley, Briannia, and Liv chillaxed in the creek while the boys and I went fishing on the creek.
We also hiked to a cave a ways up the canyon. I told the boys that there might be bears in the cave. There was a bunch of grafitti and some water in the cave. Kannon said with his little lisp, "Bwodie I am scared." Jaxon was able to hike by himself to the cave, but I had to give Kannon a hand.


We managed to catch the boys some little cuttroats on the creek. The creek was so clear, and it was hard not to scare the fish off. I had to teach the boys how to sneek up onto the holes. I would hook the fish and let them reel them in. I gave them the option to release the fish, but they wanted to keep them. Kannon said that he wanted to keep his as a pet. After we caught a couple fish for each, I showed them how to gut the fish. I let them take them home so their Dad could see them. The boys were a bunch of fun.


1 comment:

Melanie Hanni said...

good looking fishermen