Saturday, June 20, 2009

Salmon Season Is Here

Riggins, Idaho, confluence of Main and little Salmon rivers
I had a little time to try salmon fishing in Riggins before some work on Friday. It was very crowded as usual, but there were a lot of salmon being caught. It was crazy though, only about one out of ten of the fish caught were adults. There is a lot of jacks this year or something. I talked to Dad, and he thought that this might mean in the next couple years we could have a large adult run. I hope that that is the case. I caught my first salmon on the Salmon River after all the years of steelhead fishing on the river, in fact I caught a couple that morning...

Ok, this is actually a picture from fishing in Alaska last year. I caught a couple jacks and didn't bother getting any pictures. I will definitely miss going to AK this year, catching these big guys. I will have to get my fix in Idaho this year. Hopefully the run on the upper Salmon will be good in July.

1 comment:

Briannia said...

Happy Father's day Bro!! Love all the posts. Will you email me the pictures of the boys with Olivia. I only managed to get one picture of her while you guys where here. She is so so cute. I can't wait to see her in 2 weeks. Sure love ya,
B