Saturday, June 20, 2009

Let's Go See The Fam


The morning of Thursday, June 11th, I got the idea that we should go to SEast Idaho to see my family. I needed to order equipment that day, do a few things with the rental, change the oil in our dodge, and return all of Brent Weight's equipment from when I worked for him. With all of these things I needed to do, I convinced Ashley and Squeeker to come with me. This was Olivia's longest trip yet, but again she did pretty good. We did have to stop to feed, once to Mcdonalds for momma and once on Monida for baby. We had a good laugh when we stopped at Mcdonalds. We ordered two dollar sundaes and a large fry and parked by a small tree for a little shade. Ashley got liv out to eat while we were eating. Quite a while after we finished, Ashley was changing sides noticing something in Olivia's arm pit. There was a Mcdonalds fry stuck in her onsie armpit. Ashley just started laughing and then ate it. I told her to check her dydie to see if there was anything good in there.


I think my Mom was very excited to see us; she even gave us their room to sleep in. Mom is always helping and serving others; she is a good example. It was also the first time for Taylor and Briannia and the boys to see the baby. They seemed to get along well. On the way home, Liv told us that they were pretty cool. Because Liv had slept all day Thursday, she had a rough night. I made fun that she sounded like Steven Tyler from Aerosmith with her screaming. You know I could see her in a big hair band; she has got some vocals.


We got the work done that we needed, relaxed and ate with my family (like we always do at my parent's place), oh ya and did I mention broke the law... We spotted some poor innocent ant piles on the back patio, and Dad informed us that he had bought some firecrackers in Wyoming that week. We brought Jaxon and Kannon out to participate in the Idaho boy ritual of blowing up ant piles with small explosives. Dad also pulled out the soup cans. You fill the larger can with a couple inches of water and poke a firecracker size hole in the top of the smaller can. Dad would stick a cracker in the hole, place it in the water, and light the fuse. It would shoot the can high into the air. The boys loved it. The funny things is, I remember doing this when I was a little kid with Dad.


Jaxon and Kanny were great with Olivia. They seem excited to have a new little sister of their own.





Olivia worked as a good center piece for dinner. She was a little out of it after all of the Dr Pepper.


No comments: