Sunday, December 13, 2009

Nov 29th

Today is the last sunday in November. Ashley is putting the baby down for a nap after we had some quick food after church, (cereal and cold pizza). I am so grateful for my little girl. We have been thinking a lot lately about when Olivia was born with Brittany and Christian having their little girl this weekend, Lily Hazel Mayer. Olivia is so much fun for me. She was awake fairly early this morning in our bed. I just laid next to her while she played with my face. She was so smiley and happy.

She is enjoying Skyping more now as well. When we were talking with Ashley's family, she was reacting to Grandma and Grandpa Thomas on the computer a lot more today. We can see her developing everyday. Just before bed, we fed her baby food squash and rice cereal; she is wanting to feed herself more. I have a hard time feeding her without her grabbing the spoon and putting it in her mouth. Right as she was finishing the bowl of food, she gave us this face. Ashley informed me what it meant.

"Uh, I think, well I think, uh, ya, I'm pooping Daddy."

I don't change nearly as many diapers as Ashley, but I always seem to get the good ones. As I was plugging my nose and wiping, she decided to poop again on the changing table. With the addition of solids to her diet, she is sure stinky, of course cute stinky. She just looked at me and smiled.

We finished the evening with a bath before bed. She was playing with some of her toys in the water. She is really enjoying bath time. She likes to splash in the water, and unfortunately suck the water out of her bath rag. She can sit up on her own now with a hand ready to catch her just in case she falls. We were thinking that she should be able sit on her own really well by Christmas to open her presents.







No comments: