Friday, May 15, 2009

Doctors Appointment

I had a doctor's appointment this morning.

12 days left before the official due date.

1.5- 2 centimeters dilated.

70-80% effaced.

The doctor said this doesn't mean she is coming right away or not but my body is working. He said it should make the first part of labor go a little quicker and maybe easier. How exciting. It is much better news than being at 0 cent. This gives me hope and makes me think I can do this. Yay!

I have also started having actual back pains, not sleeping great at all, and a sharp pain. All of it is helping make her way down and out!

6 comments:

Sarah Turpin said...

I can't believe it!! It's coming up so soon. I hope it goes fast for you. When I hit 3 weeks left it felt like every day was as long as a week.

Brittani said...

yeah! good luck with everything. I can't wait to hear how it goes

Derek and Laressa Hanni said...

How exciting

Marianne & Clayton said...

I'd have to second Sarah's comment. The end sucks. But it also means you are so close! Focus on that when you can't sleep at night.

Melanie Hanni said...

We are so excited - we can hardly wait! Your in our prayers! Love Mom and Dad Hanni

Becky said...

WOW! You are doing great! I am never dilated or effaced until AFTER a couple hours of labor. Good luck!!