Friday, January 16, 2009

Ultrasound Results: and the results are...

This morning I went in for my first ultrasound appointment super excited to find out if we were having a boy or a girl. The results were that our baby has a heart, 2 hands, 2 feet, a face on a head and.... we don't know! The baby had it's legs crossed and was sitting on it's legs. There was no view at all of the important spot! So we don't know the gender. We waited and waited for the baby to move but no luck. I will go in early to my appt next week and we will try again. Unfortunately, Brodie probably won't be able to make my next appt though. Dang.

We'll I think I have already been taught a lesson by my baby. It isn't going to be on my schedule anymore. My time will soon revolve around our little one.

Besides no results on the gender of our baby the rest of the ultrasound was great. We were able to see the baby moving a little, see the heart beat, and see all the important parts. The tech said the head and other parts were the right size for my due date. It was crazy to think the little baby is in MY belly. Neat. One thing that was hard was trying not to laugh. Brodie kept cracking jokes and every time I would laugh the tech couldn't see. I think she was getting a little annoyed. She had to stop a couple times until I stopped laughing. Oh well, I enjoyed it.

I will try to post the ultrasound pics. It isn't working with the scans I made, but I will keep trying.

7 comments:

Sarah Turpin said...

It's just like your baby to play a trick on you and cross his or her legs. I am glad everything looks great. We can't wait to find out what your having

Becky said...

Chloe did the same thing. She wouldn't show anything... my guess: a girl- she is already being modest!

Kate said...

it's gonna be a boy, that's my guess.

Polatis Potato Eaters said...

Seriously my days are numbered I noticed you have 100 more days left than me. lol What fun! I vividly remember laughing and giggleing through our ultrasound too. I'm glad I'm not the only one that has a funny bone. Shane was being quite goofy too. We're so excited for you guys. I want to see your cute belly!!!!!

Briannia said...

Hey you you have posted like 5 times since I have last looked at your blog!! I LOVE IT. Love all the pics, especially the belly pic, and the fall walk. We sure miss you guys. Love ya, B
p.s. I heard that if you drink pop before you go in for an ultra sound it makes the baby move more. I don't know if it really works but, it might be worth a try(:

Melanie Hanni said...

Oh I love your blog, I especially love your belly,what a miracle. You will be wonderful parents.
I just want to thank Ashley, she has worked so hard on my website banner, it looks fantastic and very professional - take time to look at it www.DogGoneDebt.com I appreciate a little traffic to. Love you both. Mom and Dad Hanni

Brittany said...

Yeah for tomorrow!