Friday, January 23, 2009

Boy or Girl? This Time We Know!

Well it is official. Brodie and I went to my Doctor's appointment again this morning and we were able to squeeze in another quick ultrasound. I decided to try a few things to make sure the baby would be awake and moving for the apt. So I ate a sugar filled breakfast and went for a quick run around our apt complex to get my blood pumping. When we got to the apt the baby was awake and legs were open. And the results were obvious.

We are having a baby GIRL!!!!

Brodie and I were so excited and I still am. What a great day! I originally wanted a girl but by now I would of been happy with either a boy or girl. I was glad because last night Brodie told me that he kind of wanted a girl. Mainly because most people we know have boys and he thought we needed another girl around. What a great guy! Also those of you who voted on boy or girl were mostly right. We had 5 votes for girl and 1 for boy. You guys are good. I have to admit my dreams were right too. I have had a few dreams and my baby was always a girl named Olivia. That is kind of cool. I just hope my dream where I lost my baby girl doesn't come true. Lets all cross our fingers on that one.

So after the ultrasound Brodie started calling/texting people the news. I had to go in for my appointment and Brodie left. I thought he headed off to a install in Butte but what a sweet treat it was when he showed up at my work and brought me a cute little outfit that says "Daddy's Little Girl." He went to Old Navy and bought our first outfit for our little girl! He is so great! He is going to be such a great father! Man do I love that guy!

One thing I almost forgot to mention was how cute it was when our baby girl was sucking her thumb during the ultrasound! The tech took a pic for us! How cute is that?

About the name. I am pretty sure we have it picked, unless we have a big change of heart. So here it is for those of you who don't know.

Olivia Mae Hanni

The plan is to call her Liv but as my dad put it we have an Olive in the oven. So funny. Mae is my Mothers middle name and her mothers middle name, and her mothers middle name. Carrying on the name. Also she is due May 27th so if she is born in May, like my mother, then that is neat too.

I am so excited to have a sweet baby girl!


3 comments:

Megan Sorenson said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Man, I feel like such an idiot, I think I voted a boy. I'm so happy for you guys, how fun to know it's a girl!!!! I'll ring you soon. We are going to look at houses tomorrow, I'm so excited!!!

Brittani said...

congrats! I am sooooo excited. Yippy! our girls can go to girls camp together some day

Ashley at flats to flip flops said...

Congrats you guys!!! Bring on the pink!!!